Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm really into books.

So, yesterday I went to the University library to go check out a book and ended up getting checked out myself....

I asked this guy where in the library you go to pick up books that you have reserved online. While he was telling me where to go, he made it obvious that he was looking at my body. I was a little annoyed, as I wasn't exactly comfortable in what I was wearing (I was thinking something along the lines of "Don't judge me! I know I look a little silly..."). I went to leave but as I got to the stairs he asked me a question I couldn't quite hear. So I went back to him and started talking to him. I found out quickly that not only was he smart hardworking and nice he also happened to be a running back for the University's football team. 


Not bad, not bad at all. :D He asked for my phone number and I pretended to hesitate to give him mine. Well I don't know if my hesitation was genuine or not but regardless I kind of surprised myself in this whole acting coy thing. But we exchanged numbers and later on that night he called me, we talked for awhile and I agreed to go out with him on Saturday night (I randomly had plans for tonight already). You can be sure that after I left him and went looking for that book I could not wipe the smile off of my face nor stop the blush from overtaking my cheeks.

I'm a little surprised in that experience. I'm not surprised in the fact that this type of thing didn't really happen to me before (let's be honest, I looked kind of manly and perhaps people questioned my sexuality preferences). But rather, I'm surprised that I haven't really changed that much so far and already I'm seeing people interacting with me differently. Granted, the type of guys that I am attracting right now probably aren't the type of guys I would want to settle down with but it is kind of nice to receive some type of feedback that I am changing my skin enough that I really will be having a different experience for this year.

P.s. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow night...man, I sound like a girl! ... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment