Thursday, August 18, 2011

The weekend

Yes, I do realize that it is Wednesday and I have yet to blog about the weekend. It was quite an eventful weekend and I will admit kind of tired me out. Since last Thursday I have been quite good about getting ready in the morning and doing things that would align with this new year.

Friday night I didn't do anything in regard to my goals but went to a bonfire and it was nice. I do a little bit of freelancing photography on the side so Saturday morning I went south to Provo (30 mins south of where I live) to do a photo shoot for the cutest two little girls ever. After the photo shoot was over, I passed by a Burlington Coat Factory and decided to stop and see if I could find anything for my date that night.

I found more than just an outfit for that night. I kept on finding more and more things that I liked and that were a good price until I found myself at the cash register coughing up $481 for my loot. Although I seemed to have bought enough clothes and accessories to last me quite a long time I even found myself at the register thinking of other things that I would now need to find to go along with what I had bought. What?? Am I insane? I just spent $481 on clothes!!

Stifled by the hot summer heat on the drive home I thought about how I could have spent that money on getting my ac fixed in my car. As I carried in the fruits of my excessive consumerism into my apartment I looked over at my neighbors who's son has cancer and I thought about how I could have used that money to give them an anonymous pick me up of a couple hundred dollars. As I settled down in my ghetto apartment with the neighbor's weed and cigarette smoke drifting into my living room I thought about how I could have saved that money to go toward a house I was hoping to buy. But when I got dressed to go out I forgot about all those other things.

My date and I ended up watching a movie, going dancing, and then going out to eat. It was the longest first date that I have ever been on. When we went to the club we got into free...because he is a football player....(insert shake of head here..man they have it good). We went to a club called Elevate or The Hotel (http://thehotelelevate.com/index.php) not quite sure how that works out...is it two places or one??? Quien Sabes!??! In the club there were girls of all different shapes and sizes but they all had one thing in common: They were dressed to be seen. The social scientist in me kind of wished I could go around and interview these women or give them a survey to fill out. What are they thinking? What are their hopes? Are they here to have a good time or to meet someone? How much time did they take to get ready? What were their expectations of the night?

Main Dance floor of the club
I didn't know that people when to clubs to play pool...but I guess they do!
My date seemed to know a good majority of the club. I don't think that I would ever be able to seriously date this guy because I would be way too jealous that he knew that many attractive girls. It was nice though that he paid attention to me despite there being individuals competing for his attention.

 However, I was a little annoyed with him because I didn't know that we were going dancing and would have worn a different outfit had I known. I was wearing a shirt with 3/4ths sleeves, capris made out of this wool mix, my hair down, and heals so high I was practically walking tip toe. What does all of this equal? Extreme heat and uncomfortableness. I don't see how girls can put up with extreme discomfort for hours on end...you know the mantra...pain before beauty? (or is it beauty before pain...either way) I never understood that...and I don't think that I ever will....As we left the club (it was early in the morning at this time but the dance floor was still rocking pretty hard), I took off my heals and walked barefoot on the nasty nasty sidewalk, road, and parking lot...I had had all the pain that I could handle for one night...

Coming Soon: What can you buy for $481? ....and.... I challenge you to a duel!

No comments:

Post a Comment